Your knowledgeable floor screed contractor.
The floor screed industry has benefited from substantial research and product development in the last decade, with seven new liquid products being brought to market to meet the demands of both domestic and commercial environments including high rise buildings and those with timber floors.
Working with a skilled and well-established floor screed contractor can help you get the best out of your installation, optimising the performance and longevity of your screeding.
With Screed It, you’re in safe hands, but a little knowledge is always useful. Here’s some top-line facts about screed:
- Liquid screeds are self-compacting, which means you can apply less, but end up with a stronger floor when compared to traditional sand and cement mixes
- Compared to conventional floor-levelling methods, liquid screed is twice as efficient at conducting heat when used on top of an underfloor heating system
- Due to its inherent flexural properties, much more liquid screed can be laid before expansion joints are required – it doesn’t shrink or crack either
- Certain liquid screeds are touch dry in 24-48 hours, whilst sand and cement mixes take a week. There are fast drying options too, which can really speed up project completion
- Liquid screed is made using a by-product from the glass manufacturing process, making it more environmentally friendly than traditional sand and cement screeds